Campus Briefing

Speaker to discuss spiritual meanings

Presented by Grail Movement of America, Uzo Chima will discuss a spiritual meaning of the escalation in natural disasters through “A Call for Spiritual Awakening!” based on the work, “In the Light of Truth: The Grail Message,” written by Abd-ru-shin. The event will be Saturday, Feb. 25 at 4 p.m., in 314 Union.

Speakers will talk about microbiology

Two prominent microbiologists will be speaking at 1 p.m. Monday in 112 Life Science. Zhaohui Xu, a specialist in protein folding, has done research at UCLA, the University of Michigan and the University of Minnesota.

His research in protein folding and bacterial gene regulation has possible applications related to cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s as well as some blood clotting disorders, according to the University of Michigan.

Much of R. Mark Wooten’s recent research at the Medical University of Ohio has focused on the ways Lyme Disease avoids being purged by the body. His talk, scheduled for 3 p.m., is titled “Host/Pathogen Interactions in the Development of Lyme Disease.”

Both speakers are presented by the University’s department of biological sciences. Refreshments are offered.