Give your support to BG: Go to the game

Tonight at 7:30 the BGSU Falcons will face off against Miami at Doyt Perry stadium.

And the team needs you there. Tonight’s game needs to draw a crowd of about 20,000 people or the team and the University could face serious consequences.

Due to poor attendance at home games, BG is at risk of losing it’s Division I status.

A poor turnout tonight could mean 10 years of probation, during which time BG would not be eligible for any bowl games.

This would not only hurt the team, but the University as well.

So The BG News is telling all students, faculty and community members to get to this game.

The Office of Residence Life has many residence halls participating in a campus-wide intiative to bring people to the game. Some hall lobbies will be decorated with orange and brown and many halls will be meeting before the game and attending as a hall.

All the opportunities are there and with the appearance of MTV-U and ESPN 2, it’s sure to be a great time.

So get out from in from of the TV (you can tape America’s Next Top Model) and get out to the game.

Grab some chili from the concession stand and maybe even score a free T-shirt, just show some support for our BG team.