To-do lists meet mobile technology with iPrioritize

New help has arrived to aid college students and businesses to manage their busy schedules instead of the old fashioned technique of making handwritten to do lists.

Now with the assistance of iPrioritize.com which launched in June 2006, people can access their to-do lists virtually anywhere they are.

People can now log on from their mobile phone and can e-mail lists, print lists, and share lists with others, Adam McFarland, the creator of iPrioritize.com, said.

McFarland, who graduated in 2004 from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute located in New York, said one of the reasons he started this site was because there was a big miscommunication of organization between employers and employees.

“I have always been the list maker person and at work there was just no sense of what the priorities were between the employer and the employee, so I wanted to create something to help out,” McFarland said.

The business side of iPrioritize can provide web-based to-do lists that can be used to assign, track, edit, and update tasks across a group of employees. It can also assign new tasks to the employees as well as update their current lists.

“iPrioritize is also useful for more than just work related issues, it is geared towards students as well,” McFarland said.

So far it has spread across the country and it has even gone international. A good 20 percent of the users are not even from the United States, he said.

“I think it’s a good idea because now with this everyone should be more organized,” said John Alexander Peace, sophomore.

McFarland said at first he tested his site out on a small level and from there it spread.

“It spread because more and more people tried it and told their friends,” McFarland said.

The biggest way iPrioritize has reached people was through a MySpace marketing campaign. They created a figure called the ‘i-Guy’. From there they post videos of the week that keep students coming back for more, McFarland said.

“If you are sitting in class and forgot your handwritten one you can still access it from your phone,” Julie Selva, sophomore, said.