Stay up, chow down

It’s 3 a.m. and even in the midst of papers, exams, and projects, students have one thing on their minds – food. Fast food.

Quite the contrary to what many people think, some fast food restaurants stay open longer, even in this college town. Taco Bell, Waffle House, and Pita Pit are just a few restaurants that get business late at night.

Now that Taco Bell is closed for renovation, students still have Chipotle to rely on to fix that Mexican crave.

“I don’t know what I’ll do once Taco Bell closes. I do enjoy their late hours, it’s important that I do get my Mexican fix every once in a while,” Farrah Garcia, Taco Bell fan said, smiling.

But Chipotle isn’t open late.

There aren’t many options to choose from when most restaurants close after dinner. There aren’t even that many fast food places to choose from. If you’re up at 4 a.m. and you have time to kill, Waffle House and Big Boy still guarantees that good food fast.

“Since we are 24 hours, it depends when we have a big crowd of customers. Even for lunch, it depends,” Joe Tarusch, waiter for Waffle House said.

According to Tarusch, Waffle House’s busiest hours are between 2:30 to 3 a.m. on the weekends.

So Taco Bell, Waffle House and Pita Pit don’t hit the spot for you, there’s always good ole’ Wendy’s at the union.

“We stay open until 2 a.m. everyday, so even though there aren’t many people in the union this late, I do think it’s worth staying open like we do,” Wendy’s general worker said.

Despite being open late, the workers hand out the most hamburgers at lunchtime.

Although Waffle House and Big Boy aren’t considered typical fast food, they are places that customers can go to sit and get food, fast.

“We are open 24 hours and our busiest times are Thursday through Saturday, but now we’re closed on Thanksgiving, but open on Christmas. On this day, we close at 3 p.m.,” Mary, waitress for Bog Boy said.

According to Mary, Big Boy gets more customers at their busiest times because of their smoking section, something that Waffle House doesn’t offer.

After comparing all these restaurants and who gets the best business, the decision that’s been made is that most people who are awake at 3 a.m. eat at either Wendy’s, Taco Bell, or Waffle House. These three seem to be the most common places to eat.

Most definitely through the rest of the semester, food can be the comfort for students and the stress of college, even late.