Montreal shooter posted all on blog

By Phil Couvrette The Associated Press

MONTREAL – A man with a black trench coat whose shooting rampage in a Montreal college killed one person and wounded 19 others before he died amidst gunfire said on a blog in his name that he liked to play a role-playing Internet game about the Columbine massacre.

Police identified the gunman who opened fire at Dawson College on Wednesday as Kimveer Gill, 25, of Laval, near Montreal, said Jayson Gauthier of Quebec provincial police. He suffered two gunshot wounds, Gauthier said.

Authorities believe police killed him but would not rule out the possibility that he turned a gun on himself, he said.

Six shooting victims were in critical condition, including two in extremely critical condition. The dead student was identified as Anastasia DeSousa, 18, of Montreal.

A woman who answered the phone at Gill’s home and said he was her son described him as “a good man.”

“Just ask anybody. Ask the neighbors. He was a good son,” the woman told The Associated Press. She refused to give her name.

The woman added that police took his computer. “I don’t know what they found in the computer. They took everything,” she said.

In postings on a Web site called VampireFreaks.com, blogs in Gill’s name show more than 50 photos depicting the young man in various poses holding a rifle and donning a black trench coat and combat boots.

One photo has a tombstone with his name on it and the epitaph: “Lived fast died young. Left a mangled corpse.”

The last of six journal entries Wednesday was posted at 10:41 a.m, about two hours before the gunman was shot to death at Dawson.

He said on the site that he was drinking whiskey in the morning and described his mood the night before as “crazy” and “postal.”

At another point, he said he liked to play “Super Columbine Massacre,” an Internet-based computer game that simulates the April 20, 1999, shootings at the Colorado high school by two students who killed 13 people and then themselves.

“His name is Trench. you will come to know him as the Angel of Death,” he wrote on his vampirefreaks.com profile.