Chaos in the Quad’ holding raffle, free food

If you need a break after a stressful first week of classes, the Chaos in the Quad Carnival might be just what you need.

The event, sponsored by the Office of Residence Life, is set to take place tomorrow from 1 to 4 p.m. in the grassy area between Kreisher and Harshman residence halls. Free hamburgers, hot dogs and Pepsi products will be available until supplies run out.

Each resident adviser staff has created a carnival-style game. Here, students can win tickets and use them to either buy ice cream or enter a raffle. Prizes include an IPod Nano, a DVD player and a host of University merchandise. A DJ from HOT 97.3fm will also be in attendance.

If weather permits, this will be the first time in five years that it has not interfered with a Quad event of this magnitude according to Lakeshia Bowlen, assistant director of the Kriesher/Harshman Quad.

“This carnival will be the first of its kind for the Quad and it’s a good way for us to get feedback from the students,” Bowlen said. “It is another welcome event that should prove to the new students that there are fun things going on at BGSU on the weekends.”

Several local vendors and University departments will have information stations set up around the carnival. Also, in conjunction with the “Boozing and Cruising” program, students will have the opportunity to drive golf carts that simulate driving under the influence.

In case of rain the event will be held in the Perry Field House.