Checking Your Vitals

This week, the Pulse checks the vitals of Mark Ingles, a sophomore and member of the College Democrats.

What’s your major? Political Science.

Why did you pick this major? I’m interested in it, and it is something I may want to pursue in the future. I may want to run for political office some day.

Do you have a nickname? Das Mingas

How did you get that name? In high school, a friend of mine combined my first name and last and it became Mingas.

What year are you? Sophomore

Where are you from? Fremont, OH

Do you have a favorite class this semester? Political Science 290 with Dr. David Jackson. Even though it’s Statistics, he makes it fun.

What do you do with your free time? I read, write, watch movies, hang out with friends, and cause mischief.

What is your favorite movie? Sideways.

Favorite TV show? Arrested Development.

Favorite book? On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

What’s your favorite food? Grape leaves. You wrap other foods like rice and lamb inside them.

What is your biggest pet peeve? When people end sentences with the word “so.” Finish your sentence!

What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus? College Democrats and some intramurals, although they haven’t started yet.

What activities are coming up for College Democrats? We’re going to New York to visit the United Nations from April 6 to 8. Until then, we’re just doing some fund raising.

What do you want to do after college? Go to law school or become a teacher.