This week, the Pulse checks the vitals of Jenna Gable, president of UAO.

Year: Senior

Major: IPC

Minor: Marketing

Hometown: Defiance, OH

Why IPC? It was a good program for me. You were able to kind of create what path you wanted to do within communications. They had several different career focuses.

Why a Marketing minor? I thought that having a business background as well would make me more marketable once I graduated. I wanted to have something in a different field as well.

What’s the best class you have this semester? I am taking creativity in marketing class. That’s Marketing 425.

What do you do in that class? We are learning how to think outside of the box and to look at problems in a new way to come up with more innovative solutions. It’s kind of a unique way of thinking.

What do you miss most about home when you’re at BG? I miss my parents and my dog.

What’s your dog’s name? His name is Clark.

What do you miss most about BG when you’re at home? I miss my friends.

What’s your least favorite thing about school? Homework.

Do you have any siblings? I have an older sister. Her name is Lindsey. She graduated from BG two years ago.

Do you have any nicknames? Grandma.

How did you get that nickname? My friends think I’m a grandma. I act more mature than most college students.

What’s your favorite food? I love pasta. Anything Italian.

What’s your favorite book? I love “The Notebook.”

What’s your favorite animal? I love dogs. I like all dogs, but I especially like little small lap dogs.

What’s your favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon? Watching “Sex and the City” with my girlfriends.

What do you do in your free time? In my free time I usually am sleeping. I love to take naps, or I do scrapbooking.

Why UAO? UAO was a good way to meet people who were completely different than me. There’s lots of different backgrounds and it’s a great way to be involved on campus. We get a lot of time to work with different groups on campus, different other student organizations but as well as different academic groups and administrators. It’s just been an amazing experience.

What’s your favorite UAO event? I would have to go with two so far. That would be the Jason Mraz concert, and can I list three actually? The Dashboard Confessional concert and when Dane Cook was here.

Why are those your favorites? Not only were they sellout crowds, but the energy of everybody there was just amazing. You could really tell that everyone there was enjoying themselves.

Do you have any other memorable moments from BGSU in general? There are a couple. This year, personally, my dad was the parent of the year. That was really exciting to have my parents here. We got to sit up in the President’s box for the football game. Homecoming in general this year was also memorable. I was lucky to be on court and then we had the Dashboard Confessional concert that was sold out.

What are you doing in the future? I’m graduating in May and I’m going to be moving to New York City to do public relations. That’s something I’m excited about.

What’s coming up for UAO? On Jan. 30 we have a person named Jane Elliott coming and she’s just famous for doing experiments with diversity. She’s going to be our Martin Luther King speaker.