Hypnotist to enchant audience of all ages

Imagine watching your sister forget her own name or your little brother falling in love with a complete stranger in front of a large audience.

For the second year in a row, hypnotist Thomas Bresadola will be performing as part of Sibs N Kids Weekend.

Bresadola’s performance was a hit with students and their siblings prompting University planners to ask him back to headline the weekend this year.

“His show was excellent and unique compared to other hypnotists,” said Kim Jacobs, associate director of the Union.

The show is appropriate for all ages and Jacobs feels it would be especially good for older siblings.

“The University tries to find a balance for all age groups throughout the weekend; teens would get a kick out it. It’s unique from the other events held during the weekend because of the audience participation,” Jacobs said.

Darlene Curtin attended Bresadola’s performance last year and was chosen as one of the students to be hypnotized.

Curtin agrees the event fits perfectly with the weekend.

“Nothing too bad was said or done, but at the same time it was not kiddy,” Curtin said.

Bresadola asks audience members to volunteer, then he chooses the participates at random.

“I am glad I was chosen. The whole thing, being hypnotized, was hysterical. And it is something that I probably will never experience again,” Curtin said.

Heather Kovacs, student intern for the event, agrees.

“A hypnotist is not something that is at a college campus everyday. It is something different for students to do,” Kovacs said.

Bresadola’s free performance is Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Union Ballroom.