Coming to the Union’s stage after much delay: comedian Lil Duval

After rescheduling due to illness, comedian Lil Duval is scheduled to perform today in the Union Ballroom from 7 to 9 p.m.

The comedy show is being co-sponsored by Onward ‘ Upward Entertainment and the University Chapter of the NAACP.

Lil Duval, who was born Roland Powell, is best known for being a semifinalist on BET’s Coming to the Stage. Along with this show, he has appeared on ComicView, which also airs on BET.

According to Terrell Johnson, president of NAACP, Lil Duval passed out during another performance due to a sickness, so the show at the University was rescheduled until he recovered.

Almost a week later, students are anxious for the comedic performance.

“I’m looking forward to the show,” freshman Tonya Green said. “It’s anticipation because they rescheduled, like, two times already.”

William Bibb, owner of the entertainment company and a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, said there was a lot of confusion with the rescheduling so it is understandable for people to be frustrated.

“We sold 500 tickets so far. They cost $10 in advance but they are $20 at the door,” Johnson said.

Tickets will be available until 4 p.m. at the tables in the Union. Doors open at 6 p.m.

A portion of the proceeds will go to the Alpha Phi Alpha Byron Freeman Scholarship Fund, according to Bibb.