Chickuna’ Casserole: A recipe for dormers

When taking a trip to Chily’s, the on-campus grocery store, it is easy to fill your basket with microwavable dinners, Hotpockets, pizzas and other microwavable-ready-to-eat items. But you shouldn’t limit yourself to the meal shown on the front of the box.

With three items I found at Chily’s, I have created a delicious, hearty casserole which is ready to eat in about two minutes. I present, the Chickuna Rice Casserole!

Ingredients:

1 pouch of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, whatever flavor floats your boat

1 can of tuna

1/2 small can of Campbell’s cream of chicken condensed soup.

1. Tear a vent in the rice pouch before you place it in the microwave on high for one minute.

2. Now empty 1 can of tuna into the bag along with about half the can of cream of chicken. Try mixing all of the ingredients up, though it is difficult since the bag is so full (the cream of chicken and tuna combo was passed to me from my grandma. She used to make it for my grandpa all the time and served it on bread. She said he never could tell it was tuna instead of chicken).

3. Place the pouch back in the microwave for another minute.

4. Try to mix it all up as best as possible. You may want to do it out of the bag.

5. Enjoy your CHICKUNA!

Now I realize this may not sound very appetizing, it’s just another tuna casserole. But it’s easy to make and is available to all students with a meal plan and access to a microwave. It really is delicious, so don’t knock it until you try it.