Falcons drilled at Miami

OXFORD, Ohio – It was ugly out there for the Falcons. The team came in filled with hope about saving their MAC season and it all fell apart today against Miami. The Falcons lost 47-14 and it was not even that close. The RedHawks completely dominated every phase of the game. Whether it was offense, defense or special teams – the Falcons were outgunned. The Redhawks amassed 499 yards of offense. 262 came on the ground and 237 came through the air. Austin Sykes had a big day rushing for 124 yards and two touchdowns. The Falcons, on the other hand, were not quite as productive. BG totaled only 232 yards on the day. Most of those yards came through the air as the Falcon ground game was only able to rush for 26 yards on 25 carries. Tyler Sheehan completed 16-27 passes for 140 yards and one interception. The Falcons turned the ball over three times compared to only one for the RedHawks. This marks the Falcons second straight loss and second consecutive game in which they have lose the turnover battle