Toledo man killed by train

For the second time in less than two weeks, a pedestrian was hit and killed by a train in Bowling Green.

Police are currently investigating the death of Jason Sheehan, 32, of Toledo, who was struck by a northbound CSX freight train at around 4:20 a.m. Sunday in the area between Sunrise and Lehman Avenue.

Responding officers found Sheehan, who is not a student at the University, dead by the side of the tracks upon their arrival.

It has not being determined whether the death was accidental or not, and the Wood County Coroner’s office is currently investigating the incident.

The incident closed down the Napoleon Road and Lehman Avenue crossings for nearly six hours.

According to Lt. Tony Hetrick, of the Bowling Green Police Division, the crossings were closed because a new rail crew had to be brought in before the train could be moved again.

Because it was Sunday, it took longer than usual to get the replacement crew to the scene.

This is the second time this month that a train has hit and killed a pedestrian in Bowling Green.

On July 6, Timothy Gregory, 21, of Findlay, Ohio, and a junior at the University, was stuck and killed by another CSX train. Police said the two incidents are apparently unrelated.