Homecoming spirits high

Break out the orange and brown, it’s homecoming week. This year homecoming is not just the day of the big game, but it is an entire week of Falcon-inspired activities.

Shane Lewis, director of this year’s homecoming committee, is bringing a new tradition to the University.

“Every year we build on the past. This year we want to rebuild on the old traditions by bringing back traditions that have fallen to the wayside,” Lewis said.

The events planned throughout the week give students the opportunity to have fun and get into the homecoming spirit.

Freshman Elisabeth Jones said she is looking forward to this year’s events.

“I didn’t really know what to expect coming from high school. I thought there would just be a game, but it looks like they have some really cool stuff going on,” Jones said.

Events this week include a parade, pep rally and campus-wide cornhole and dodgeball competition, ending with the Third Eye Blind concert Saturday night at the Anderson Arena.

Lewis encourages all students, even if they have never been to a University football game in their lives, to attend the week’s activities.

“Just come! It’s fun, I promise,” Lewis said.