UAO hosts BG’s Top Chef at Falcon’s Nest

Tomorrow evening Adrien Sharp, finalist in the Food Network’s ‘The Next Food Network Star,’ will now be a part of BG’s Top Chef in the Falcon’s Nest. Sharp, who hosts his own cooking show ‘Home for Dinner’ on JTV in Jackson, Mich., will be at the University tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. BG’s Top Chef, will feature Sharp as he does a cooking demonstration for students including helpful ways for students to learn how to cook simple meals on their own using supplies available to them on campus. Students signed up to participate in advance outside of the University Activities Organization’s office in the Union based on a first come, first serve basis. Antonio Montemarano, the director of Home Grown in the University Activities Organization, has been on the committee to help create this event and make it happen. Montemarano said the students signed up for this event will be cooking a three-course meal. ‘The three-course meal will include an appetizer, the main course, which will consist of a simple chicken dish, and dessert,’ Montemarano said. ‘The winning team, which will be picked by a panel of three judges, will receive $100 in prizes.’ Competing will be four teams of three, including sophomore Bobby Carr, who heard about the competition from his fraternity brother. ‘I’m looking forward to the competition on Tuesday, I think it will be a really great time,’ Carr said. The teams will meet an hour before the competition to organize and obtain supplies for the competition. The supplies provided by UAO also included cooking supplies if people needed them, including dishes and cooking utensils. The event is sponsored by UAO, an organization on campus that puts on events for students, including the movies in the Union, Sibs and Kids weekend (April 3, 4 and 5) and the Pub Wars series. For more information, visit the UAO Web site at www.bgsu.edu/studentlife/organizations/uao.