Thanks to University, St. Patrick’s Day not only for drinkers of alcohol

Kegs ‘n’ Eggs, green beer and leprechauns may most commonly be associated with St. Patrick’s Day, but the University is offering several events for students who hope to remain sober. For students who either have a plethora of classes they would prefer not to miss or simply do not want to drink downtown all day, they can still enjoy some festivities of St. Patrick’s Day. A St. Patrick’s Day lunch is being offered in both the Falcon’s Nest at the Union and Founders Food Court from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Josh Knudsen, a manager of dining services, said the Falcon’s Nest lunch menu and d’eacute;cor will reflect the holiday. ‘We are going with a traditional green theme, trying to get in the spirit of the color,’ Knudsen said. ‘We are decorating the food court to make it festive, and we are allowing staff to wear green shirts or green aprons if they have them.’ During dinner hours, students are invited to dine at Cinco de Mayo in support of the University’s Dance Marathon, which will receive up to 10 percent of profits earned between 5 and 7 p.m. Dance Marathon is this weekend. Junior Kelli Marvel is a moraler for the event and explained the significance of the fundraiser. ‘It was just a coincidence this year that Dance Marathon fell on the week of St. Patrick’s Day,’ Marvel said. ‘We figure people will [be going out], so we are looking to take advantage of that.’ For students wanting a few drinks but hoping to avoid the ruckus of downtown, the Union’s Black Swamp Pub is continuing a series, ‘Pub Unplugged,’ starting at 8 p.m. and will feature a performance from the duo group, Sojourner. The Pub offers a full bar and Tuesday drink specials include $3 margaritas and $2 Bud Light drafts.