RedHawks next up for Falcons

After 12 days on the road, the Falcon baseball team will return home for a weekend series with Miami at Steller Field. The teams will meet today with a 3 p.m. opening pitch and will play at 1 p.m. tomorrow and Sunday. During the stretch of road games, BG went 2-2 and also had two other games cancelled due to poor weather. The wins included a 9-2 thrashing of No. 24 Kent State, who also dealt BG both of the losses and a rivalry victory over Toledo Wednesday. In the 15-9 victory over the Rockets, BG tied their season high of 19 hits while senior shortstop Ryan Shay fell a single short of the cycle. It seemed Shay would get the single during his eighth inning at bat, but he grounded out to the Toledo infield. Miami enters the weekend after dropping a mid-week game to Xavier 5-1 in Oxford. Prior to that loss the RedHawks had swept Buffalo in Mid-American Conference play. Miami outscored Buffalo 19-9 during the weekend and improved their overall record to 20-16 (10-5 MAC), while BG enters the weekend contest just over .500 at 18-16 (8-6 MAC). ‘