12 members of track team to face top 25 teams at Arizona State

The BG track team will look for another successful weekend as they continue their outdoor season at the Sun Angel Track Classic. Twelve athletes will compete in the event, which takes place on the campus of Arizona State University today and tomorrow. Coach Cami Wells explained the rationale for the athletes selected to participate. ‘The people going have proven themselves to be consistent and have achieved marks that would make them competitive in this type of meet,’ she said. The non-scoring meet will still prove to be competitive, with the purpose of getting the top athletes into competition similar to what they could see at a regional or national level. ‘The expectation is the same as it is every week,’ Wells said. ‘That the athletes competing will compete to the best of their ability and use this opportunity to the fullest.’ In addition to BG, 21 other teams will compete at the event. They include nationally ranked No. 3 LSU, No. 6 Arizona State, No. 15 Minnesota, No. 16 Auburn, No. 22 Arkansas and No. 23 Arizona to name a few. Wells said the Falcons have familiarity with some of the other teams competing. ‘Some we compete against more than others,’ she said. ‘We just need to see this type of competition to be prepared for the more competitive meets in the future.’ Following this event, BG will compete in Oxford next weekend at the All-Ohio Championship. ‘The team as a whole is moving in the right direction, and we will need to focus the team toward next weekend’s event,’ Wells said.