Bowling Green men’s basketball travel to OU

The men’s basketball team will look to end a three game losing streak tomorrow when they travel to Athens to meet the Ohio Bobcats.

BG enters the game at possibly the lowest point of their entire season. They’ve developed major second half problems, being outscored in each of the last four games, and have established that they have trouble playing away from home.

“We haven’t played well enough in the second half,” coach Louis Orr said. “We haven’t been able to fight off runs.”

BG now sits at 8-9 (1-3 Mid-American Conference) and is primed for another tough conference foe. Ohio, which enters the game with a record of 10-7 (3-1 MAC), is currently tied for the lead in the conference with the Buffalo Bulls.

Leading the way on the floor for the Bobcats is their point guard Michael Allen who leads the conference in assists. He took the lead earlier this week when then leader, BG’s Joe Jakubowski, hit a cold streak.

The assists totals now sit at 70-68 in favor of Allen.

Another solid player for the Bobcats is Justin Orr, Louis Orr’s nephew.

In two games against the Falcons last season Justin Orr combined for a total of eight points and was largely a non-factor on the offensive end. This year he’s averaging 10.6 points as a senior starter.

Of course, the biggest storyline and question coming into tomorrow’s game will be whether of not BG will finally be able to win a game on the road.

The Falcons are 0-7 when playing the role of the visitor this season. When that is combined with sloppy play in the second half, such as was the case in Kent State three games ago when the Falcons scored 18 second half points, the Falcons have poor results.

It’s a dangerous point in the season for BG as a loss to the Bobcats would be their fourth straight and would move them to 0-8 on the road and 1-4 in MAC play.