Women’s hoops wins second straight road game in Detroit

With 25 points from Lauren Prochaska and a 12 point performance from Tara Breske, BG took down Detroit 64-43.

BG improved to 6-2 on the season while Detroit continued their struggles, falling to 1-6.

Prochaska scored 13 of her points in the first half, as BG took the lead 7-6 and never trailed after the games opening minutes. The Falcon’s first half effort was fueled by an impressive 5-for-8 shooting beyond the three point arc as they held Detroit to a 9-for-26 shooting effort.

After entering the second half with a 32-24 lead, BG continued to control the contest, outscoring Detroit 32-19 in the second half.

Unlike the first half, BG struggled from behind the three point arc in the second half, missing all nine attempts and forcing them to rely on the interior play of Breske and Jen Uhl.

Breske, who had missed extended time this season with a knee injury, played well in the second half, scoring eight points in limited playing time due to foul trouble.

Uhl, who had seen added playing time during Breske’s absence, scored seven points and grabbed a game-high 8 rebounds.

But while Breske and Prochaska were able to score in double-figures, the rest of the Falcons struggled on the offensive end, as the rest of BG’s starters shot a dismal 5-for-17.

Kassandra Hooten lead Detroit with 12 points and Brigid Mulroy added 10 while the Titans heavily relied on their starters. Four of the five starters played at least 33 minutes in the loss.

The Falcons will continue their road trip this weekend when they head to St. Bonaventure for a 1:30 tip off on Saturday.’