BG Chamber of Commerce holds Jet’s ribbon-cutting ceremony

Kevin Mensah

Bowling Green City Mayor Dick Edwards stands front and center at the ceremony on Wednesday. Councilwoman Sandy Rowland stands to his left while a Jet’s employee stands to his right.

Just in time for the new school year, the Jet’s Pizza chain opened its first location in the city of Bowling Green, on North Main Street and Van Camp Road, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on September 6. Jet’s is based in Sterling Heights, Michigan, with over 300 stores across the country, and sells “Jetzee” sandwiches, salads and chicken wings in addition to its Detroit-style deep dish pizza.

The Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce, a nonprofit organization of local businesspeople dedicated to providing advocacy, a network of contacts, and education to businesspeople in the city, organized the event, which was was attended by several members.

The ribbon-cutting itself was performed by Bowling Green’s mayor, Richard Edwards.

Jet’s Pizza’s regional sales manager Patrick Pierce, who is in charge of determining goals and refining sales procedures for the company in the greater Columbus area, oversaw the ceremony. He says that putting a restaurant in the city of Bowling Green is a strong business opportunity, with a growing number of students at the University and a favorable atmosphere for new businesses, and is confident that the store will be able to thrive despite competing with other pizza restaurants in the city.

The restaurant in Bowling Green is the 16th in his region, with another under construction.

The restaurant is currently open for business, and being managed by Dominic Delriesgo, who has worked for the company since he was in high school, and has transferred to his position in Bowling Green from another management job in Columbus. Most of the staff he has hired in the previous few weeks is composed of University students, and he is expecting them to work hard as well as increase the store’s visibility on campus.

The restaurant has also made a contract with the University’s athletic organizations to provide catering for all of their events this school year, and Pierce says that he is interested in expanding the company to other colleges in Ohio, such as Ohio State University, with similar deals.

The store is located at 1216 North Main Street, and can be reached at 419-313-0316. More information and online ordering can be found at www.jetspizza.com.