Warriors and Cavs matchup will be something to see

Over the past two years, we as NBA fans have witnessed a rivalry in the making that maybe no one saw coming.

Yes, I’m talking about the matchup between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors.

I personally love watching these games not because it has a lot of star power between the two teams, but the intensity on both sides.

The players may seem calm and collected when speaking to the media about this particular game. However, I think deep down this does mean something to them because I truly believe both teams have this sense of hatred towards one another and as a sports fan, I love it.

Which brings me to my question: Is this the next great sports rivalry?

In the past we had great rivalries like Muhammad Ali versus George Frazier, the Boston Red Sox versus the New York Yankees, and keeping it in the realm of basketball, the Boston Celtics versus the Los Angeles Lakers.

I think we can make a case for these two teams becoming an intense rivalry. First off, these two met in the past two NBA Finals making it entertaining, with storylines such as if LeBron James can end the Cleveland sports nightmare or can MVP Stephen Curry dethrone LeBron as the best player in the world?

Secondly, who can forget the big altercation between Draymond Green and LeBron James in Game 4 of last year’s finals?

Finally, these teams troll one another like any rivalry should.

For example, Draymond Green was interviewed at their 2014 championship parade and answered this one question about the Cavaliers saying they “suck.”

Last year, LeBron hosted a Halloween party for his teammates and reportedly had cookies that said “3-1 lead” which I thought was hilarious, but you get the idea.

The addition of Kevin Durant to the Golden State Warriors only adds fuel to the fire as he’s one of the most criticized players in the NBA because of his summer decision to join the team that beat him in the playoffs last year.

I’m going to be honest, I would love to see Durant versus James again in a seven game series. I mean who wouldn’t love to see that?

If it is these two teams in the finals again this year, you can bet on it being another classic. But this time, could we not have any injuries please?

I mean, it happens every year. Whether you guys like it or not, these Warriors and Cavs matchups will be something to watch from here on out.