BG women’s track and field notes

Two BG women’s track and field athletes were nominees for the women’s Mid-American Conference Athlete of the Week for the week of Jan. 27 – Feb. 3.

Sabrina Forstein and Heather Conger were each nominated after winning their respective events at the Tom Wright Classic on Saturday.

Forstein set the school record in the pole vault with a mark of 3.76 meters, breaking the previous record of 3.74 meters set by Andrea Cook in 2001.

Conger won the 800 meter run for the first time in three tries this season. Her third-place finish at the BGSU Challenge last month gave her a new personal record. Conger’s time of 2:13:56 currently stands as the second-best time in the Mid-American conference this season for the 800 meter run.

BG will not be participating in the Meyo Invitiational in South Bend, Ind., this weekend as scheduled. Instead, the Falcons will be using the weekend to rest and prepare for the All-Ohio Championships in Bowling Green next weekend.

The list of teams tentatively scheduled to compete at the All-Ohio Championships has been announced.

Bowling Green

Ohio

Miami (OH)

Xavier

Findlay

Ashland

Notre Dame College

Central State

Wright State

Malone

Tiffin

Lake Erie College

Dayton (men)

The All-Ohio Championships will be BG’s fourth consecutive home meet and fourth meet overall this season. The Falcons won the Jane Herrmann Invitational last month for their lone team title this season.

The MAC Championships will be held Feb. 26-27 in Mount Pleasant, Mich.