BG swimmers head to Athens, look to build on momentum

%26%23160%3B

The Falcon swim team started off the season with an impressive win over Akron a week ago.

They now travel away from Cooper Pool for the first time this year to battle the Bobcats from Ohio University.

BG has started out strong this year, already matching its win total from last year (1-0, 1-0 Mid American Conference).

Coming off a win against the Zips, the Falcons will want the success to continue on the road against a tough Bobcats squad.

This matchup last year came down to the very last race, with the Falcons edging out the Bobcats 148-146.

This meet was the one win the Falcons posted last year.

If this year’s meet is anything like the one last year, it will make for an exciting Saturday in Athens.

The Bobcats (1-1, 1-1 MAC) have beaten Eastern Michigan, but is coming off a loss to Toledo last Saturday. 

Last year the Bobcats finished third at the MAC championships.

With experience and confidence flowing, the Falcons will try to continue their success this weekend.

With just one week of practice to prepare for the Bobcats, the Falcons have been hard at work.

Coach Petra Martin has been pushing the team to keep improving every week.

“I would like them to keep working on better techniques, better turns on the walls, and always finishing the races strong,” Martin said.

This will be the Falcons’ second complete meet and the first time they travel away from Cooper Pool. They will try to notch their second win of the young season and keep improving.

“It’s the first road trip so it should be interesting, but we are looking forward to the challenge,” Martin said.

The meet will be held Saturday at 1 p.m.