Falcon 4 Entertainment: Week of September 20

F4E1
F4E1

Movie

Cruella’ (2021)

Based on the story of 101 Dalmatians, “Cruella” follows the story of stylish part-time thief Estella, desperate to make it in the fashion world. Despite being on her best behavior for the sake of her career, she soon gives into her wicked side: the one, the only, Cruella. As Cruella comes out after Estella gives up the determined but unfilled employee she used to be, revenge is the only thing on her mind. Fashion plays a big part in this film, and Cruella will never settle for just any outfit. Prepare for a wild ride of trickery and wickedness intertwined with a devastating villain origin story, now on Disney+.

Book

Leah on the Offbeat’ by Becky Albertalli (2018)

This sequel to “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda,” the book that the movie “Love, Simon” was based on, focuses on drummer Leah Burke as she navigates senior year. Long story short, Leah’s life is unstable. As her friend group starts to fall apart, Leah is lost and distraught. Struggling with embracing her bisexuality, she’s conflicted with her first love, and if that wasn’t enough, she is also carrying all the stress of an average high school senior. This book is perfect for anyone searching for stability and acceptance. Leah’s life isn’t perfect, and this book demonstrates how this isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Television

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist’ (2020-2021)

What if you could understand the darkest depths of your loved ones’ emotions and help them in their desperate times of need? What if you could only understand those emotions through songs? Welcome to the life of Zoey Clarke. For Zoey, daily life consists of elaborate musical numbers and dramatic solos with everyone from her coworkers to her family, but only she can see and hear it. This musical-dramedy focuses on Zoey using her new ability to help others navigate their own emotions while also dealing with stress at her male-dominant workplace and anxiety about her ill father. This show manages to be everything at once: delightful, engaging, soulful, and more. It is now streaming on Hulu.

Music

‘star-crossed’ by Kacey Musgraves (2021)

When a relationship falls apart, you’re left with regret, anger, resentment, understanding and so many complex emotions, you may not even understand them all. Musgraves’ new album came out a little over a year after the singer’s divorce. This album takes a more pop approach than her earlier country ones, but the lyrics and tone stayed true to the singer’s roots. The best part of this classic divorce album is anyone who’s ever lost a love can relate to it. Even the smallest action like seeing someone in your camera roll you’re no longer in contact with is represented in this album, but Musgraves’ dives into the core emotions associated with these painful memories. If you ever need someone to understand your heartbreak, ‘star-crossed’ is here for you.