University MBA program ranking rises 41 places

Business+Administration
unknown
Business Administration

The University’s part-time Master of Business Administration program has been ranked 163 in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Grad School Rankings. This is up 41 places from the MBA program’s ranking in 2018.

David E. Chatfield, director of graduate and executive programs in business, has worked within the MBA program for eight years. The MBA program has received other rankings throughout the years.

“The Princeton Review publishes a book each year listing the 295 best business schools in the world, and BGSU has been ranked in this book every year it’s been in publication – probably 12 years, I would say,” he said.

Chatfield says the College of Business has evolved during his time at the University, and recent developments have led to its higher ranking.

He cited the program’s growth and retention as one of several factors that explain its higher ranking. One of the main reasons the College of Business has improved growth/retention is its efforts in making the classroom available to working people.

The University has several locations to receive an MBA, including the main campus, Perrysburg and Findlay. This makes it easier for working students to commute from work to school, as many MBA students work during the day and attend night classes.

The MBA has a unique curriculum schedule that appeals to working students. Those enrolled can come to class once-a-month for eight hours. After 18 months, students will earn their degree while also having time to gain work experience.

Next fall, the program will add a Ph.D. option to the College of Business. The program is also recruiting for an online MBA that will be added in January 2019.

Chatfield stressed the versatility of the MBA program. Students from multiple career paths go on to receive their MBA, like engineers, IT, nurses, franchisees and those pursuing a degree in higher education.

Other than the Princeton Review and the U.S. News & World Report rankings, there are other rankings the business program has obtained. The College of Business is AACSB accredited, ranked on the Poets & Quants list for best business schools, and recognized as one of the best colleges for veterans by the Military Times.

“These rankings are another example that our efforts to help students advance their careers is working,” President Rodney Rogers said, in a news update on the University website. “Our world-class faculty and staff, accessible online sessions and convenient start dates ensure that students can fit life-changing studies into their busy lives.”