10 Valentines Day date ideas: Bowling Green, OH edition

Valentines Day is just around the corner and if you haven’t made any arrangements with your honey, no worries, we got you covered! Sometimes it can be stressful planning a romantic, yet affordable Valentines day. Here are 10 romantic and exciting date ideas for you and your date this Valentines day in BG.

1. Easy Street Café

Who doesn’t love Easy Street? With such delicious food options and reasonable menu prices, you and your date can’t go wrong with picking Easy Street. You can go for the full entre route, or eat something light for an appetizer…and don’t get me started with their French onion soup!

2. El Zarape

I could always go for a few tacos and a margarita. El Zarape is known in BG to have delicious and affordable food. If you and your date are ballin’ on a budget, order a taco from the a la cart menu. You can split a giant entrée, or go just for the margarita pitcher! No matter what you decide on the menu, you’re bound to have a great time.

3. The Movies

The movies are a classic date idea, especially on Valentines day with your significant other. If you’re trying to have a low-key night, then the movies are a good and safe option for you.

4. Al Mar Lanes Bowling

What’s better than pizza and bowling? Bowling is a light game which doesn’t allow much thinking and is fun-filled. You and your date can get competitive by keeping score or can fill the night with laughter after seeing them wearing those goofy bowling shoes. Win or lose, bowling is an affordable and exciting Valentines day date in BG.

5. Trotter’s Tavern

Trotter’s Tavern not only has the best steaks in Wood County (seriously, they have awards to prove it) but also has a menu full of delicious food. Trotter’s is a low-key and affordable restaurant and perfect date setting with a romantic atmosphere.

6. Two Foxes

Happy Hour has officially begun! What better way to spend Valentines day meal with your date other than BOGO burgers on a Wednesday? Between the delicious menu options and extensive drink list, you wont be leaving with an empty stomach.

7. Grounds For Thought

Coffee date, anyone? Dates that begin, end, or involve coffee at any point is a win in my book. Get to know your date more over a nice warm drink. It’s affordable, quiet, and definitely delicious for a Valentines day date idea.

8. Finders

What better way to spend Valentines day than listening to records and tapes with your significant other? For all my music lovers, Finders is where it’s at. Not only is there hundreds of vinyl and CD’s to choose, there’s also endless genres of music to listen and enjoy with your date.

9. Ben Franklin

This isn’t a meal, but a super awesome store to visit downtown in BG. There are bundles of assorted candies and fudge, classic childhood games, knickknacks and just about anything between! If you’re on a budget, even just visiting Ben Franklin’s to browse is a blast, too.

10. Ice Skating Rink

Here’s a good ice breaker! There’s nothing like a sweet and simple date. At Slater Family Ice Arena, you and your date will have a blast ice skating in the rink. Not good at ice skating? Don’t worry, many of us aren’t, you wont be the only one to slip on the ice.