Their Future is Brite! Meet the Punch Drunk Tagalongs

“I’m with the Band,” I thought as I posed awkwardly with the Punch Drunk Taglongs

Photo Cred: Sophie Bodo 

In case you missed it, Cleveland’s famous Brite Winter Art and Music Festival on the West Bank of the Flats was this past Saturday. I almost froze but it was totally worth it to hear some incredible local music and experience all the Cleveland scene has to offer. 

At the festival I had the opportunity to meet and see The Punch Drunk Tagalongs.  Their sound is all over the place with elements of indie rock, grunge and shoegaze…but trust me, it’s cool. Alisha Stahnke, the front woman of the group has the ability to whisper or shriek into the mic at a moments notice and along with their raw and fun energy, it’s impossible not to have a good time seeing them live. They’re also incredibly friendly and down to earth and it was great just to meet with them and hang out at the festival. 

Their performance was even better than I could have imagined and they didn’t disappoint fans by playing their latest single, “Hazy.”

Although the band began in Akron they now reside in Cleveland and are quickly becoming a Cleveland favorite. If you missed them at Brite there’s still plenty of opportunities to see them. They plan to release their first full length album on April 7th and will celebrate it with an album release party at the Grog Shop. They’ll also be playing with another Cleveland favorite, Nights. 

If you want to hear more from Alisha of the Punch Drunk Tagalongs, check out our recorded interview on our SoundCloud.

You can now listen to their latest single “Hazy” on their Spotify, Bandcamp or on WBGU-FM’s local hour. But remember, you heard it here first.