• They Both Die at the End ā€“ General Review
    Summer break is the perfect opportunity to get back into reading. Adam Silveraā€™s (2017) novel, They Both Die at the End, can serve as a stepping stone into the realm of reading. The pace is fast, action-packed, and develops loveable characters. Also,Ā Silvera switches point of view each chapter where narration mainly focuses on the protagonists, […]
  • My Favorite Book ā€“ Freshwater
    If thereā€™s one book that I believe everyone should read once in their life, itā€™s my favorite book ā€“ Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi. From my course, Queer Literature under Dr. Bill Albertini, I discovered Emeziā€™s Freshwater (2018). Once more, my course, Creative Writing Thesis Workshop under Professor Amorak Huey, was instructed to present our favorite […]

Women’s basketball deafeat Kent State

The Falcon women’s basketball team picked up their second consecutive conference win on Wednesday night at the Stroh Center. They were able to hang on late to win 60-50 over the Kent State Golden Flashes.

Junior guard Sydney Lambert led the team with 13 points in the game, as well as great off the bench contributions from Caterrion Thompson who added 12 points. These solid performances soared Bowling Green to their second straight win.

Kent State was led by Ali Poole with 17 points and by Megan Carter’s 12 points. However, the Falcons’ defense was unforgiving as they held Kent State’s leading scorer, Jordan Korinek, to just seven total points.

“Korinek is fantastic,” Falcons head coach Jennifer Roos said. “It’s about how well she’s scoring, how well she’s rebounding and her offensive efficiency is fantastic. She’s a real stalwart for them. But we wanted to push her off the block and be physical with her. We really wanted to limit her attempts, especially at the foul line.”

The Falcon defense proved to be a major factor in tonight’s game. Kent State’s Jordan Korinek, leads the MAC in points per game with 20.4. Korinek ended the night with only seven points which looks to have been the difference in this contest.

“The coaches emphasized today that she is the leading scorer in the MAC,” Lambert said. “We knew that they liked to run back screens for her to get her into the paint, just emphasizing the post players to jump to the ball and beat her to the block was a big key for us.”

The Falcons couldn’t have had this win without their great defense but also without their nearly perfect 15-of-17 from the free-throw line. Kent State was forced to foul in the final minutes of the ball game down six, but Bowling Green was not phased and knocked down it’s final six free throws to ice the game.

The team will next play on Saturday afternoon at home against the Ohio Bobcats, as the Falcons look to continue their winning streak and pick up their third straight conference victory.