Swimmers head to MSU

The Falcons are back into the pool tonight on a trip up to East Lansing, Mich., to take on the Michigan State Spartans.

Tonight’s meet will start at 5.

This will be the last meet of the season for the Falcons who are recently coming off a tough loss to rival Toledo last Friday night.

BG (3-3, 1-3 Mid-American Conference) is trying to finish the regular-season with a winning record.

The last time the Falcons were in the state of Michigan they had an impressive finish in the Eastern Michigan Invitational where they finished fourth. BG is 1-2 on the road this season and will try to gain some momentum before their trip down to Athens for the MAC Championships later this month.

So far in 2011 the Falcons have a record of 1-2. They have lost their two road meets to Toledo and Eastern Michigan, with their one win coming on senior night here at Cooper Pool against Cleveland State.

Sophomore Alexis Kain and junior Vicky Yu have dominated this year in their events. Kain competes in breaststroke events, while Yu competes in the butterfly events. They have swept their events in a dual meet three times so far this season and will look to continue their dominance.

This will serve as sort of a springboard for the Falcons as they will head to the MAC Championships later this month. That is what the year has been leading up to, to have a good showing at the championships.