Guide to binge watching “Gilmore Girls”

As everyone (or, almost everyone) knows, everyone’s favorite 2000s WB/CW show “Gilmore Girls” is coming back for a Netflix revival on Nov. 25. As a “Gilmore Girls” fanatic, I bring you my binge-watching guide to reacquaint yourself with the show. Stock up on coffee, pizza, burgers from Luke’s and Chinese food from Al’s and get ready for the marathon of your life. Spoilers ahead.

SEASON ONE

Episode 1: This is the episode where you get to know everyone. It’s such an important episode because many of the Stars Hollow citizens are introduced and you also get to meet Richard and Emily Gilmore, the grandparents and the reason Rory is able to attend the school of her dreams.

Episode 2: As important as the first episode is, the second episode is just as important, if not even more important. Episode two introduces viewers to the snobbery associated with Chilton and introduces some of the regularly recurring characters for the rest of the show, or at least the season.

Episode 21: This season finale introduced everyone to a thousand yellow daisies and starts the feud between Max and Luke. It’s one of the stronger episodes of a relatively weak first season and even features one of Rory Gilmore’s best lines of the entire show.

SEASON TWO

Episode 3: This is the episode where Lorelai realizes that maybe Max isn’t the one and her and Rory go on a road trip. As much as I wanted Max and Lorelai to work out, it only goes to show that there’s bigger things in store for their respective characters.

Episode 10: This episode is one of the best of the show as it’s the Bracebridge dinner episode. Between mother and daughter making fun of hideous babies and Jess and Rory riding on the horse drawn carriage together (and Luke and Lorelai riding on their own), it’s got everything for the show’s two favorite relationships. Plus, hearing Kirk talk in Old English is everything.

Episode 22: The season two finale has it all: Lorelai and Chris, whatever they were, breaking up, Rory kissing Jess, Jess coming back, and Sookie and Jackson’s wedding. What more could anyone want in a finale?

SEASON THREE

Episode 7: This episode, which features the 24-hour Stars Hollow dance marathon, is one of the best in the entire season, if not the entire show. It features the break up of a famous “Gilmore Girls” and the get together of another famous “Gilmore Girls” couple.

Episode 17: Not only does Rory make her college decision in this episode (and it may not be where you expect), but a longstanding familiar set becomes no more in this episode.

Episode 22: Three words: Rory’s graduation speech. That speech is the standard that I held people to when I graduated from high school too. None of them did as well as Rory. Plus, Friday Night Dinners are announced to be back on at the end of the episode.

SEASON FOUR

Episode 2: Similar to episode two of the first season, this episode also marks a change in Rory’s life as she starts college. And while some episodes of the show are slightly unrealistic, this is one of the most realistic episodes of the show because of how Rory feels when Lorelai leaves her alone for the first time.

Episode 14: This is my go-to episode for when I need a good cry. Lorelai and Sookie are running out of money for the Dragonfly Inn and Rory is failing her first ever class. It’s something everyone has gone through and shows the importance of needing a good shoulder to cry on.

Episode 22: The season four finale marks major turns in both Rory and Lorelai’s lives. The Dragonfly Inn is finally open, the truth about Richard and Emily’s odd behavior comes out and things heat up between Luke and Lorelai and the season ends on an unexpected note for another couple.

SEASON FIVE

Episode 13: It’s the hundredth episode of the show, which is always an important milestone for any TV show. This hundredth episode features weddings and fights, which should be almost expected since all good things must come to an end at some point.

Episode 21: Rory gets a stunning rejection from her job and starts to spiral out of control, which is something we’ve all experienced at least once in our lives. While we may not have stolen a yacht, it did feel nice to see Rory knocked off her high horse for a change.

Episode 22: Rory drops out of school. Luke and Lorelai have a major decision to make in their romantic life. This just goes to show that “Gilmore Girls” always had great finales.

SEASON SIX

Episode 9: This episode marks the end of the fight between Rory and Lorelai (finally). But, it also marks the first appearance of one of the most hated “Gilmore Girls” characters of all time. Even though that’s not fun, it’s still an important episode.

SEASON SEVEN

Episode 13: Back in season one, Richard made a promise to Emily that she may go first, meaning she can die first. This episode almost ruins that whole plan. It’s an important episode to watch going in to the revival since Edward Herrmann, who played Richard, actually died in real life and Richard doesn’t keep his promise to Emily.

Episode 21: Rory graduates from college and starts looking for actual post-grad jobs. It’s a crazily relevant episode as those who watch it start to realize that they also have to start applying for post-grad jobs.

Episode 22: It’s the original series finale of the show and, for as much as it sucks not having the original creators back for the episode, it does a decent job of wrapping up the storylines and giving everyone a happy ending.