New boutique offers unique chic

Mode Elle recently opened in downtown Bowling Green on Main St.

High fashion at low prices is the name of the game at the recently opened Mode Elle Boutique in downtown. 

On the corner of Main and Wooster, in the space where a consignment shop once stood, passersby and returning students alike are bound to notice the new sparkle within. This new energy can be attributed to owner Stacie Banfield who has used this space to make her dream boutique into a reality. 

Banfield started Mode Elle Boutique in 2012 as a mobile boutique which consisted mainly of trunk shows and home parties as well as craft and trade exhibitions. 

Banfield actually found her prime location by chance. As a resident of Michigan, she attributes the luck of her location to buying assistant and business partner, Haley Reese. 

In September of last year, Banfield began to display products in Reese’s salon, the Golden Vanity, and they continued work to integrate the products into a more substantial form. When the retail space on Main finally opened, Banfield took the opportunity to build her current boutique.

Mode Elle’s new location has been open to the public since July 22,2016 with the official ribbon cutting ceremony this past Friday. A large guest list including the Mayor of Bowling Green helped Banfield and her team welcome the public officially into their new store. Raffles, prizes, food and the enthusiasm of the community all helped to make the ribbon cutting a success said Banfield

Their main mission since the launch back in 2012 has been to provide the most on trend fashions but at affordable price points to their customer base. 

The store offers an “ever-changing collection of young contemporary missy and women’s fashion, clothing, accessories, shoes and handbags,” Banfield said.

They reach a large audience of women with their online store and hope to continue the trend in their downtown location. Banfield said “teens to women in their seventies” have come to shop at Mode Elle and continue to be valued customers to this day. 

“We strive to keep our styles changing and our quantities limited…to keep you standing out from the rest!” the Mode Elle Boutique website said. Banfield reiterated this along with the promise to keep prices low for those who love the look of high fashion but are weary of the price tag.

She hopes her boutique will become a prime location to shop for students and the public alike. With giveaways, raffles, parties and Black Friday events planned for the future, Banfield appreciates the support and encouragement from the community. 

As an added perk, any BGSU student who presents a BG ID will receive 20 percent off through the month of December. Customers can also follow Mode Elle on Facebook and Instagram for other coupons and promotions. 

More information and an online catalogue can be found on their website, www.shopmodeelle.com