Diversity’ rocks runway in BG

It was all about the lights, the attitude and walkin’ the walk.

Diversity Boutique, Tint Magazine and Twist of Nothing “Rocked the Runway” at last night’s fashion show.

The event featured 18 models from BGSU strutting their stuff in Diversity Boutique’s new spring line of fashion.

The BTSU Lenhart Grand Ballroom was loud and rowdy with clapping hands, whistling, dancing and shouting, not to mention the jams put on by Twist of Nothing.

“We’ve done a few of these shows, and I must say I’ve never seen it put together this well before — let’s rock,” Brian Engelman, the lead vocals of Twist of Nothing said in the show opening.

The fast-paced beats kept the show moving and the cheers erupting.

Erin Swartz, the event coordinator, said the gaucho pants are definitely coming in this season.

“Nowhere else in BG has what we have at Diversity Boutique,” Swartz said. “It’s straight from L.A.”

Straight from L.A. brought glam and glitz, blues and greens, and — it’s all about the accessories.

Handbags, sashes, belts, headbands, heels and jewelry dressed up the outfits for any fashion queen.

“It was funky and fresh and so much fun,” said Rachel Hammer, a University student.

She loved the way the fashion designers mixed and matched everything to create a stunning display.

“It definitely a fun experience — that L.A. style,” Hammer said.

From the polka dot mini skirts to the classy vintage items and every color of gaucho pants, the runway transformed.

“I love to wear this stuff. It’s got color. It has flavor,” Ashley Welty, a University sophomore who has worked at Diversity Boutique.

Erin Norman, store owner, even joined the band rocking and singing “Bust a move.”

Many of the ladies in attendance said they didn’t know what to expect and were shocked and excited to find it was a real, true fashion show.

“It was a totally cool show, definitely fun and awesome,” University sophomore Ashley O’Neill said.

The only downfall — she didn’t win one of the many prizes given away.

Even the parent’s of the models showed to give their daughters their support.

“My daughter [Jesse Wall] has modeled for Erin before, and I love to watch,” Jody Wall said. “The clothes were very sharp — stunning, very today.”

She even said she’d shop there too — except she would feel a little old. But Tiffany Garcia, who helped work the runway and dress the models, said that Diversity Boutique has something for everyone — hence, diversity.

“Sure the line is directed towards younger college students, but you don’t have to pick out the belly shirts,” she said. “There are long classy skirts and tons of gorgeous tops to pick from.”

Garcia said the backstage atmosphere was very intense and very fast — but an awesome success.