ESPN Full Court to air game

After solidifying their spot in first place in the Mid-American Conference West Division with a 70-69 win over Ball State Wednesday, the men’s basketball team is preparing for a change of pace.

As part of the ESPN Bracket Buster, the Falcons (15-7, 9-5) welcome Sun Belt Conference member Arkansas-Little Rock (15-8, 7-4) to Anderson Arena Saturday.

BG squared off against the Trojans twice during the 1999-2000 season in which the Falcons won at home, 91-84, and in Little Rock, 66-53.

This will be the fifth time the Falcons have played in the Bracket Buster, which began two years ago. They are 3-1 overall after splitting two games with Illinois Chicago and winning both contests against Youngstown State.

Senior leadership has been the key for BG of late while making their push to the top of the West. John Reimold (17.5 points per game) and Josh Almanson (17.5 ppg), who are both tied for second in the MAC in scoring, have been scoring at will and playing solid defense, while Cory Eyink’s tenacity on defense has been clutch, especially late in their road win at Kent State and against the Cardinals.

The play of Reimold against Ball State — he scored a game-high 28 points — had Falcons head coach Dan Dakich praising his senior’s all-around effort.

“I’m not going to say he’s the toughest guy in college basketball, but there is nobody tougher. I really believe that. He digs out balls, he dives on things (and) when he gets into a crowd, he rips the ball. It is no surprise that he makes a play, however it gets done,” Dakich said.

Arkansas-Little Rock, which posted a 18-12 record last season and finished first in the East Division (10-5), has three players who average double-digit scoring a night in Brandon Freeman (16.6 ppg), Zack Wright (10.6) and Richard Hardman (10.0). Darius Eason falls just short at 9.6.

Freeman can hit from anywhere on the court and leads the team with 61 three-point field goals on 142 attempts (43 percent).

Hardman is also the Trojans leading rebounder, averaging 7.3 per game.

The game begins at 1 p.m. and will air on ESPN Full Court.

The game is part of Greek Challenge II, where the Greek organization that has the most members attend the game will receive a prize from the BGSU Athletic Department and will be shown on ESPN. Each organization needs to sign in at the Falcon Gazebo, which is located in the lobby of Anderson Arena.

Free Pepsi and popcorn will be given to the first 500 students in attendance, courtesy of the BGSU Athletic Department.