Acoustic guitarist, Jason Mraz to perform in April

The University Activities Organization realizes many students were disappointed in the cancelled Ben Folds Five concert. But instead of getting discouraged UAO decided to try to use their resources to bring an even better show to campus.

On April 9, Jason Mraz will be performing in the Anderson Arena. Many people are excited, including Jenna Gable, Vice President of UAO.

“I love his music,” Gable said.

Though Gable did not ever attend one of his shows, she saw him live on DVD and said his shows are very exciting and vibrant.

Last spring, the UAO surveyed students to get an idea of who would be a good musician to invite to the University. Mraz was in the top 10 in the surveys according to UAO.

Mraz is best known for his album, “Waiting for my Rocket to Come,” which was released in November 2002.

Other albums are “Sold Out,” also from 2002 and “Tonight Not Again,” from 2004.

His two hit singles, “Remedy (I won’t worry)” and “You and I Both,” were both critical and commercial hits.

He is known for playing acoustic rock and Gable described it as sometimes upbeat and sometimes mellow.

“I think every one of his songs are good,” said Raquel Dalton, the director of the concert. “It is an easy genre to listen to, anyone can go and have a good time.”

If you are unfamiliar with Mraz and want to get a better idea of who he is before you attend the concert his Web site, jasonmraz.com, offers public journals written by Mraz himself. Through his journals, Mraz allows the public to read his personal thoughts.

Tickets go on sale soon and are priced at $14 per ticket. For more information, contact the UAO office at (419) 372-2486.