Churchill essay serves as indication of ignorance, lack of empathy

There’s been plenty of talk recently about Ward Churchill, the University of Colorado-Boulder professor who got in trouble for his controversial essay.

Now that he is suspended from Boulder, good ol’ Ward has been targeted by many universities to speak to students.

I have read his essay, and feel that he should be fired from Boulder, and these other schools are crazy for inviting him to speak.

Churchill’s essay basically advocates what a horrible country he thinks America is, and how any terrorist attack on America is “payback” for earth-shattering “genocide” we’ve laid upon countless other nations.

He argues that Sept. 11 was in response to the children killed in a 1991 U.S. bombing raid on Iraq, which was done after Iraq invaded Kuwait, and economic sanctions placed on Iraq by the United Nations after the first Gulf War.

Has he not heard the scoop that Iraq was not involved with Sept. 11?

Radicals like him apparently enjoy rubbing that fact in Republicans’ faces.

“With that, they’ve given Americans a tiny dose of their own medicine,” good ol’ Ward said. “This might be seen as merely a matter of ‘vengeance’ or ‘retribution,’ and, unquestionably, America has earned it, even if it were to add up only to something so ultimately petty.”

Wow, I always felt sorry for the victims of Sept. 11, and I am ever so grateful to Ward for showing that I was wrong. I hope Osama bin Laden and his sacred-souled pals get rewarded in heaven for their non-sinful attempt to teach us a lesson.

Seriously, what garbage can is this guy feeding people from? Here are some examples of the other quotes in his “masterpiece.”

About Sept. 11: “Were the opportunity acted upon in some reasonably good faith fashion — a sufficiently large number of Americans rising up and doing whatever is necessary to force an immediate lifting of the sanctions on Iraq, for instance, or maybe hanging a few of America’s abundant supply of major war criminals (Henry Kissinger comes quickly to mind, as do Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Bill Clinton and George the Elder) — there is every reason to expect that military operations against the U.S. on its domestic front would be immediately suspended.”

That’s right, Ward. You tell everyone why we should hang all those people who’ve been important to America instead of international terrorists.

Oh, and did you forget that if it weren’t for military identities like Colin Powell, you would not have the freedom to write essays like this?

Hanging him is a wonderful way to show your gratitude!

Here’s more anti-American talk: “The most that can honestly be said of those involved on Sept. 11 is that they finally responded in kind to some of what this country has dispensed to their people as a matter of course. That they waited do so is, notwithstanding the 1993 action at the WTC, more than anything a testament to their patience and restraint.”

As if the aforementioned statements weren’t bad enough, here is the worst, and it is regarding the civilians in the World Trade Center.

“If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I’d really be interested in hearing about it.”

If it’s not bad enough that radicals compare Republicans to Hitler, this creep now compares non-terroristic, non-genocidal civilians who went to their deathbed living their daily lives to the Nazi personality Adolph Eichmann.

To compare someone who’s never killed anyone to one of history’s biggest mass murderers — just because you disagree with their practices — is not only tasteless, but sickening too.

I hope the families of the World Trade Center victims put Ward through pure hell for his comments.

I also hope he never teaches at Boulder again. The governor of Colorado has requested they fire him, and why shouldn’t they?

Schools such as the University of Hawaii, Wisconsin, Colorado University and many others are giving him a forum to spread his satanic message.

One can only hope this guy is never allowed to teach again.

Anyone who wants to read Ward’s unrighteous essay can visit http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/s11/ churchill.html.

Send comments to Nicole at [email protected].