Teachers receive little, run society

It is interesting to sit and think back about all the teachers I have had over the years. I mean, it was great that they instructed me on so many subjects, but the best things I learned from them often could not be found in a textbook.

Their quirks, humor, personality and other traits showed me how to survive in society, not just how to survive in the business world.

For instance, their views of the world have allowed me to become more considerate of others. Some of them came from rural areas, others from big cities on the other side of the world.

One of the things I find especially interesting about University instructors is that most of them have either visited or were born in other countries. From them, I learn more about the world outside the U.S.

The world, it seems, that most Americans have no idea exists.

I have also learned from my teacher’s mistakes. Instructors such as Eckel, who was accused of threatening his students, remind me that controlling my frustrations is a life-long lesson and that getting to class on time is probably a good idea.

And after I think about how much they have provided me, I become instantly frustrated at the lack of money being put in their pockets for it.

After all, teachers run the world. They control the economy’s growth. They advise politicians. They show every craftsmen their trade.

And they get paid less than the majority of the students they graduate. It’s a shame.