Game a chance to teach lesssons

I don’t pretend to know the future so I’m not going to act like I definitely know what is going to happen in Saturday’s football game pitting the Falcons against the Western Michigan Broncos.

However, I will say that I would not be surprised if it is a blow out.

With that said and with this being the special family weekend game I think it is a perfect opportunity for the Falcons to teach all the young, impressionable children a few valuable life lessons.

They could teach the value of teamwork.

Children need repetition to understand some key lessons so I think that the most appropriate thing would be to just keep repeating the following scenarios throughout the game:

Jacobs to Sanders for a touchdown.

Jacobs to Sharon for a touchdown.

Jacobs to Lane for a touchdown.

Jacobs to Parks for a touchdown.

I’m sure they’ll understand eventually.

You could also teach the value of sharing.

With the game firmly in hand by the beginning of the second half it will be a great opportunity for the Falcons to share reps with some of the reserves on the roster. I want them to trot out second and third string players and let them soak in the loud roar of a packed Doyt. The more the merrier I say.

Of course all children need to be taught how to play nicely with others.

To show children this lesson the Falcons will simply not run up the score on the young Broncos and rub a butt kicking in their face.

Maybe Steve Sanders can “accidentally” step out of bounds instead of scoring his fourth touchdown of the day.

Or perhaps Jacobs can throw a nice tight spiral to Ruben Ruiz instead of the easy touchdown bomb to Charles Sharon running the fly pattern.

Anything that lets those children in the crowd know that the Falcons are good sports.

The Falcons also will show the children it is not nice to play keep away.

The good news is that every time Bowling Green scores a touchdown they will give the ball back to the Broncos.

And with no Falcon’s possession lasting longer than five minutes they will get the ball a lot.

Whatever happens, I’m sure the game will be a positive step for the young Broncos squad.

Because, as my dad always said, “it builds character.”