Koufax-“Hard Times are in Fashion”

Koufax are back with ‘Hard Times Are In Fashion,’ and could move up a bit higher in the indie nation.

The journey starts out with the heart-pumping, ‘Why Bother At All,’ and is followed by the groovy, laid-back sound of ‘Back and Forth.’ The middle part of the album, with songs like ‘Blind Faith’ and ‘Get Us Sober,’ shows the versatility of the group with a sound reminiscent of Coldplay.

However, there are some parts that aren’t so great. ‘Five Years of Madness’ and ‘Trouble Will Find You,’ don’t really bring much more to the table..

The rest of the album goes with the flow the first couple of tracks lead into. The songs from here go into a stage that a good portion of albums have a tendency to start sounding the same.

Much of the tracks have the same sound pounding of the keys with and a jam with guitar and bass and drums that follow their lead, then slows down with the chorus.

With the album starting out with six strong tracks, it loses its momentum with the lower part of the album following the same structure.

There are some great tracks on here, most memorably ‘Back and Forth,’ and the graceful ‘Blind Faith.’

Listening to the first part, I was hoping the rest of the tracks would deliver, but they didn’t. It makes you wonder with a little bit more work the band could make it they have talent and Bowling Green’s support.

‘#160;