Interviews decide Homecoming Court, let the voting begin

The 10 BGSU Homecoming Court finalists have been selected, and now it’s time to vote for King and Queen.

The University community of faculty, staff and students nominated the positions of King and Queen via a special Website over the 2005 summer.

To be eligible for court, one must have a 2.5 GPA and be a graduating senior. After several interviews, the candidates were narrowed down to a final pool of five females and five males.

The male nominees include: Greg Edwards, Matt Humberger, Sam Kuntz, Aaron Shumaker and Rocco Sciarabba. The female candidates are: Fay Coleman, Jenna Gable, Tawanna Jackson, Meghan Peters and Sarah Petersen.

“All of the candidates are well qualified and extremely involved in the community and with the University,” candidate Greg Edwards said.

Several nominees find themselves juggling their time so they can remain involved in the community and the University. Nominee Sarah Petersen has developed a strategy to stay involved and keep her sanity.

“I cannot participate in everything I would like to because I don’t want to spread myself too thin,” Petersen said. “I want to be able to fully devote the appropriate time to each organization.”

The organizations on campus are always looking for devoted members

The Homecoming nominees have been some of these organizations’ No.1 promotional supporters.

“I am making BG a better place by explaining to other students the benefits of getting involved on campus and taking advantage of all the opportunities that BG has to provide,” Edwards said.

Because the nominees are so immersed in campus organizations and activities, many of them already know each other. Petersen knows over half the court just from her involvement.

“I think it’s funny that over half of the people on court, I have known since freshman year and here we all are together,” Petersen said.

Students can vote for their favorite royalty candidates Sept. 26 – 29 in the Union Lobby from 11a.m. – 3 p.m.

The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced Friday at the pep rally in Anderson Arena at 6:30 p.m.

For full homecoming event schedules, visit http://homecoming.bgsu.edu/