Nobodies of Comedy’ introduce themselves

The comedy tour, “Nobodies of Comedy” features five comedians no one has heard of, which is the point.

Joe Bublewica, Josh Sneed, Jason Douglas, Jamie Lissow and Jon Fisch are five men who will be performing in Tiffin Saturday night at the Ritz Theater.

The idea behind the tour is to expand the five comedians’ reputations.

“The Nobodies of Comedy” is being put on by the Laughter Arts Festival.

“They were really good. We just called and told them what we wanted for our show this weekend and they picked out five comedians for us,” said Bruce Hannam, marketing director for the Ritz Theater.

Since these men are not fully renowned, they are hoping to esteem themselves. “Thirty years ago, no one had heard of Bill Cosby. Or 20 years ago, no one had heard of Jeff Foxworthy, but now everyone knows them,” Hannam said. “These men will be heard of eventually and we want people to be able to say: ‘Oh yeah, I remember him. I saw him perform at the Ritz Theater’ when they do become well-known.”

The Ritz Theater hosts a talent variety for its shows. They usually have between two and five comedy shows a year. Earlier this year the Ritz hosted Blue Collar Comedy Tour comedian Bill Engvall and on April 9th they will be hosting comedian Gallagher.

Call the Ritz Theater at 419-448-8544 for tickets or visit the theater’s website at www.ritztheatre.org. Also find out more about upcoming shows and get directions to the theater on the Web site.

“Our theater seats 1,200 people and right now we’re about half full,” Hannam said. The show is Saturday night at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $9 to $29, depending on the location of the seat.