Old favorites top rock album list

Lists. We know them, we love them, we can’t get enough of them. We need them. Why are we so obsessed with lists?! Maybe it’s because with each list, an avenue of heated, passionate debate can be opened. Or maybe it’s because lists take up time and fill in gaps of awkward silences

It’s important to note that this column, My Top Five, is a blatant and shameless rip off of High Fidelity, a book I’ve read 10 times, and a movie I’ve seen 20 times. Take it in and enjoy.

Top Five Records

1. The Who-Who’s Next- An essential piece of music for people NOT born on another planet.

2. Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin III- Not their heaviest album, but a brilliant piece steeped in reflection. III is the legendary Zoso’s inspiration.

3. AC/DC-Let There Be Rock- Good God. Amazing guitar solos and raunchy, guilty-pleasure lyrics. See “Whole Lotta Rosie.”

4. Wilco-Summer Teeth-One of the most critically acclaimed albums of the 90s–released in 1999.

5. Jeff Buckley-Grace-Power pop, hard rock, gospel tunes? This record has it all. Unfortunately, two years later, Buckley died at age 30, just as he was becoming legendary.

-Check out the March 21 issue of The Pulse for more of Joe’s top 5 lists.