Ask Captain RibMan

By Captain RibMan (aka John Sprengelmeyer and Rich Davis) (KRT) Dear C.R., Why the heck don’t you have a sidekick? Batman has Robin. Buttercup has Bubbles and Blossom. SpongeBob has Patrick, and even Gumby had Pokey. Waz up with you? Isn’t there a rent-a-sidekick place? Do you have bad credit, and you just can’t afford a sidekick? That’s sad. What is the world coming to when one of the world’s least-known superheroes can’t afford to get himself a sidekick? I’m depressed now. Thanks for nothing, _ Katie Dear Katie, I have a sidekick; He is Invisible Lad! He is my bestest friend! He is the coolest, most awesomest hero ever! Whenever I am in trouble or feel sad, I know Invisible Lad will be there to comfort me. About a week ago, a couple of bullies were pushing me around trying to steal my bike, but then Invisible Lad flies out of nowhere and POW! He ninja-kicked them and did some kung fu! He is so cool. He’s been with me since I was 5 years old, and my puppy died. Invisible Lad is my hero! The best thing is: He doesn’t eat much! I think he feeds off of love. Good luck! _ Captain RibMan ___ (John Sprengelmeyer and Rich Davis are the creators of the comic strip, “Captain RibMan” and the humorous advice column “Ask Captain RibMan.” Questions for Captain RibMan may be e-mailed to [email protected].) ___ ‘copy 2003, Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Information Services.