Ask Captain RibMan

By Captain RibMan (a.k.a. John Sprengelmeyer and Rich Davis) (KRT) Dear Captain RibMan, Have you ever thought about trying out for “American Idol”? Just wondering? _ Lance Burton Fan Dear Lance, I am not allowed to try out due to my immense celebrity status. I was a stand-in for the animated cat in the “Opposites Attract” video by “American Idol” judge Paula Abdul, from her 1992 album, “Forever Your Girl.” Another little known fact: I was also a zombie dancer in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video. (If you will remember, that is the video wherein Emmanuel Lewis plays the role of Jackson’s nose.) I can also be spotted in Asia’s “Heat Of The Moment,” Talking Heads’ “Once In A Lifetime” and, also, wearing a bikini in many Van Halen videos. Good luck! _ Captain RibMan ___ (John Sprengelmeyer and Rich Davis are the creators of the comic strip, “Captain RibMan” and the humorous advice column “Ask Captain RibMan.” Questions for Captain RibMan may be e-mailed to [email protected].) ___ ‘copy 2003, Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Information Services.