Silver River Café offers breakfast buffet Sunday

Beginning this Sunday the Silver River Café will begin offering an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Depending on the popularity with students and available labor, the café plans to offer the buffet every Sunday excluding spring break, Easter, and the Sunday of finals.

The buffet will cost $6.25 per student excluding the cost of beverages. Anyone entering the café will be required to purchase the buffet.

“Before setting a price, we checked with other all-you-can-eat breakfast buffets in the area and found that our price is a very good deal for our students,” Sandra Jess who is the general manager of Kreischer Dinning Services said.

There will be many options on the menu including eggs, french toast or pancakes, homemade mini waffles, breakfast meats, hash-browned potatoes, pastries, and fruit. They will also feature specials each Sunday that will include sausage gravy, breakfast casseroles, and creamed chipped beef.

Kreischer often attracts students from various areas of the campus. Students seem to be receptive of this new meal option.

“Since it is an other option to use my meal card, it is a cool idea. I think it will attract people and it will offer a decent place to eat on the weekend,” said Harshman-Dunbar resident Dan O’Connell.

Kreischer decided to add this feature to the café after conducting a recent survey. This survey concluded that breakfast is important to students and found a demand for an all-you-can-eat option. It is the goal of dining services to meet students demands if it is a financially supported change. Since dining services switched to the a la carte system the department has not offered many buffets.

Because of this, they are planning a large attendance. To create more space they will be setting the buffet up in the 8 o’clock dining room. Seating will be available in the dining room area as well as the Silver River Café.

“Kreischer has a large number of residents that love to eat breakfast. We are attempting to give them lots of good food at a reasonable price,” said Jess.

The addition of the buffet will serve as a test as to whether dining services will set up similar facilities in other areas on campus. Students response and how well the buffet is controlled in means of cost and labor will be deciding factors in creating similar dining options.