Organizational Spotlight

Are you an event planner at heart? Do you love movies and music? Well UAO is the organization for you. UAO stands for University Activities Organization and brings numerous comedic and musical acts to campus and much more.

In recent years, the organization has brought in musical acts such as Ludacris, The Roots and Run DMC, OAR, and many other acts. Other activities include comedic acts such as D. L. Hughley, Jamie Kennedy, and Dave Chapelle. The organization also does smaller events on campus such as karaoke in the union or playing movies in the movie theater.

All of these events are put on by the students in the organization with much preparation and organization. Each year directors are chosen for the organization to aid in the decision making process of which acts to chose for the upcoming year. Other opportunities are available in the organization as well.

There are committee member duties such as providing ideas for the events, participating in hospitality and security for the event and handing out surveys to get an adequate portrayal of what events the students would like to see on the campus.

Finally, the mission of UAO is that it aims to be a premier programming board by providing diverse, entertaining and quality events that instill pride and lasting memories in the hearts of BGSU students. Their office is located in 408 Bowen-Thompson Student Union. The UAO office phone number is (419) 372-2486. For more information email UAO at [email protected]