Death metal returns

Dimmu Borgir is possibly the most dynamic and talented Black Death Metal band of all time. They once again proved this with their latest release, Death Cult Armageddon, which combines their hard hitting fast pace death metal with a soothing yet eerie orchestra and piano backing them up. As far as Black Death metal is concerned, Dimmu Borgir may be the saviors and leaders for this often misunderstood genre of music.

From the very first track Dimmu Borgir draws you into their world of heavy/melodic darkness, and they never let go. Track number nine “Eradication Instincts Defined” best illustrates the bands capability of combining a full orchestra with Black Death Metal like they were meant for each other. This album is technically and musically Dimmu Borgirs most advanced piece of work yet.

Dimmu Borgir is originally from Norway where they had a large underground following for years until they broke into the mainstream of Black Death Metal when they signed with the major record label Nuclear Blast. For anyone who is a fan of Death Metal this is a must have album, also check out their prior releases. Dimmu Borgir will be playing December 12, at the Agora Theater in Cleveland, Ohio while on tour this year.

Grade: A-