Fraternity returns to BG

After four years gone, the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity has made it back to the University campus.

The nationwide fraternity was closed down on the University campus in 1999 by its national headquarters for a violation of hazing policy and is making its return with vehemence.

The SAE’s motto–“True Gentlemen making a comeback” with 1,500 BGSU brothers and an opening party on Homecoming weekend.

President of SAE, John Sideris believes homecoming weekend was a perfect time to make a comeback because it is a time of pride and spirit.

“Moving back to the campus gives back to the alumni that graduated from Bowling Green,” Sideris said. “It gives them something to come back to and identify themselves with.”

SAE is the largest fraternal organization in the U.S. that started with five members in 1922. They live their lives by their creed of true gentlemen with the greatest respect for the alumni who have helped them come back to the University.

“Their [alumni] dedication and focus is appreciated by all of us,” he said. “By the end of the year we hope to charter, and build a life lasting brotherhood with one another.”

Treasurer of SAE, Matt Reising, also said he is very pleased with all the help SAE has received from the alumni and fellow members.

“We want to make this group all it can be in a classy manner,” Reising said.

With a strong alumni system and lots of support, the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity has re-flourished with high expectations.

“It is an honor and privilege for me to be the president of such a fine group of men,” Sideris said. “It is an honor for me to be a part of this bigger picture.”