Media works against our army

A month straight of front page news coverage of Abu Ghraib wasn’t enough for the liberal agenda. Now they have a new scandal full of Marines defending themselves, which is considered “execution” by those on the left.

The new “execution scandal” is full of video from embedded reports that shouldn’t be in Iraq in the first place. Bigger and better for the American left, they now have a new tool to demean our troops in combat; it’s Abu Ghraib version 2.0.

For the sake of proving liberals wrong, let’s imagine something for a moment. You are a Marine involved in an intensive battle for the city of Falluja. You just watched other Marines die because an insurgent faked death in order to get close to your friends and blow them up. Then you enter a building full of wounded and dead people who a day earlier were trying to kill you. You see a man faking death, what would you do?

For those with common sense and a knack for wanting to be alive you would shoot the faker and save lives. For the liberals this warrants investigation of an illegal execution. Where are these liberal do-gooders when the insurgents are violating the Geneva Convention?

They are sitting back and waiting for Americans to violate that same convention before they say a word. These are the same individuals who blame the U.S. for war in Iraq and not Saddam; the same individuals who protest President Bush as often as they go to the bathroom instead of protesting real tyrants like Hussein.

If Iraqi insurgents refuse to play by the rules then so should we. Fight fire with fire. How can the left expect our brave soldiers in combat to do their jobs if they are watching from the sidelines of CNN and critiquing everything?

The perfect liberal world is one where Marines participate in “community military operations” consisting of counseling terrorists and helping them find a job; or just sticking them on welfare for the rest of their Jihadist lives.

If you expect the U.S. to win the battles in Iraq and come home safely then do not throw you arms up in a liberal fuss when one Marine violates a rule because he doesn’t want his fellow soldiers to get blown up. Support your troops, even when they shoot those faking death in order to protect themselves.

This is a war; it is not a pretty thing to look at, which is why cameramen shouldn’t be running all over the country as if the new Clinton library opened there. Keep the troops in Iraq, let them fight the insurgents and get the cameramen out of their way. Media deception led to a loss in Vietnam and it can do the same in Iraq.