Five reasons to get rid of Bush

This article is an attempt to expose what Bush has done to this nation, you won’t find the typical 30 second talking head sound byte here, but you will find actions that President Bush has taken to undermine the sanctity of our nation.

1. Democracy: George Bush seems to believe that a nation can spread freedom and democracy at the barrel of a rifle.

As we speak groups of “insurgent” forces are fighting the United States, which they view as occupiers of their sovereign state.

I ask you to look at this objectively, if we were overrun by communists and told to convert to communism or be shot, would we do it? Why do we expect Iraq to adopt democracy? Why are over 1,000 of our soldiers dead in a country that had no intentions of attacking our nation?

Democracy does not work when fired from a cannon, a nation must find democracy on their own accord.

2. Dissent: As war with Iraq drew closer in 2003, protestors who stood up against the president were labeled as unpatriotic and traitors by the administration.

During the RNC convention hundreds of protestors were arrested for demonstrating, held with no food, and no lawyer to represent them.

When one attends a Bush stump speech supporters are required to sign a loyalty oath to the president. If you are seen wearing a Kerry shirt you’re arrested and removed. Bush is belligerently stomping on our rights as Americans’.

If we cannot speak our minds our nation has become no better than that of a dictatorship.

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?” — Thomas Jefferson

3. Profiteering: The Bush administration is deliberately using the war in Iraq as a way to make money.

It is no hidden fact that Dick Cheney was the CEO of Halliburton. I ask why Halliburton was given a no bid contract. Take note that those kidnapped contractors that are being beheaded and killed in Iraq are working for Halliburton, whom are rebuilding Iraq so they can reap massive profits.

4. 9/11: I’ll keep this short and simple, when 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi nationals, and Osama Bin Laden himself is a Saudi, and Saudi money helped fund the attacks, why did we invade Iraq? Oh that’s right; Saudi Arabia owns eight percent of the U.S. economy.

5. Persistence: Under normal circumstances this is a good thing. Tenacity after all has been a key factor in the presidency for years.

For Mr. Bush however persistence equals stubbornness. When Bush was asked to name three mistakes he made as president during the presidential debate, he didn’t name one.

The latest reports from Iraq show that there were no WMD’s, nor a goal to produce them, nor a goal to attack America, nor a connection to Al-Queda. But alas, the president has made no mistakes.

I ask you this, if you’re on an airplane, and that plane is about to hit a mountain, but you know the only way to your destination is through that mountain, do you want a pilot who will go over it? Or one that will crash straight into it hoping that the plane will make it?

It’s as if all those Republicans are saying, “Well Mr. Bush crashed us into that mountain, but hey, he didn’t blink!”

These are just a few reasons why you shouldn’t vote for Bush, I could name 1,000 more.

I admit, Kerry isn’t going to fix all of our nations problems, but after seeing what Bush has done to the constitution, our civil liberties, and our rights as Americans’, I’m ready to switch pilots, before we hit another mountain.